While the choice of destinations in India is unimaginable, a new traveller’s first visit maybe a little jinxed with the options available. To make it simpler and give you a little bit of India in its varied forms, this is a list if the hottest Indian holiday destinations of all times:
- Enchanting Kashmir: Be it the snow-clad mountains, rivers in all shades of turquoise, elegant floral gardens or the richest curries, Kashmir is magnificent and beautiful in every way. Nicknamed as ‘Heaven on Earth’ Srinagar in Kashmir is popular for its massive Shikaras (house boats) where you can spend a romantic evening or opt for a breath-taking ride on horse-backs across some of the steepest cliffs.
- Daring Delhi: Best known for its rich history, Delhi is the Capital of the country and boasts of some of the most wonderful places for shopping, eating and sight-seeing. Ensure you plan a visit to the Humayun’s Tomb and Qutab Minar, two of the most iconic monuments in the land. New Delhi is also home to many luxury hotels, villas and resorts.
- Holy Varanasi: Hindu mythology states that the ashes of the deceased should be swept away in the Holy Ganges in Varanasi which holds utmost religious significance. Varanasi is also home to ancient temples and is a pilgrimage destination where thousands of people from all over the country come to visit and pay homage. Also check out the stunning art in the form of Benarasi sarees.
- Golden Jaisalmer: The land of camels in Rajasthan is unique yet truly divine. Apart from strolling in the endless stretches of desserts, one can also check out the ancient havelis or palaces situated all over the city. Spend your evenings enjoying the rustic local cuisine, cultural dance performances or shopping for handmade jewelry and handicrafts.
- Adventurous Sunderban: Home to the royal Bengal tigers and several other wild animals, Sunderban is a must for nature lovers. Evenings in the city can be utilized for bird-watching, checking out the heritage sites or shopping for some fresh forest honey.
- Undiscovered Sikkim: A laidback travel destination for those who simply love to relax and rejuvenate on their holiday, Sikkim is full of the most unexpected surprises. The North-East jewel has small and quaint villages, breath-taking peaks and pristine rivers.
- Romantic Kerala: Discover the backwaters with your loved one, take a couples’ massage, enjoy a quite dinner near the beach or simply spend the day with some mind-boggling Kathakali dance performances. ‘God’s own land’ is exotic, mysterious and a paradise for nature lovers!